quarta-feira, 1 de junho de 2011

Linkers: assunto do 7º ano

and: links two ideas that are related, "I like tea and coffee"
but: links a positive and a negative idea, "I like swimming, but I don't like dancing"
so: gives a result, "I was very tired so I went to sleep"
because: gives a reason, "I went to the party because I wanted to see Peter"
A Complete these sentences using: and, but, so, because.
1. She wants to go to the cinema, I don't like that film.
2. My wife plays tennis football.
3. I can't sleep, I'm going to drink a glass of hot milk.
4. She went to the disco, she didn't dance.
5. I'm studying English I love languages.
6. She danced a little talked to her friends.
7. He doesn't play the guitar, he plays the drum.
8. He is sad he saw an accident.
9. She didn't invited me, I didn't go to her birthday party.
10. She can draw well, she can't cook.



Past Continuous
Exercise: http://www.ego4u.com/en/cram-up/grammar/past-progressive/exercises

Exercise on Past Progressive

Put the verbs into the correct form (past progressive).

  1. When I phoned my friends, they (play) monopoly.
  2. Yesterday at six I (prepare) dinner.
  3. The kids (play) in the garden when it suddenly began to rain.
  4. I (practise) the guitar when he came home.
  5. We (not / cycle) all day.
  6. While Aaron (work) in his room, his friends (swim) in the pool.
  7. I tried to tell them the truth but they (listen / not) .
  8. What (you / do) yesterday?
  9. Most of the time we (sit) in the park.



Put in the verbs in brackets into the gap and form negative sentences. You can use long or short (contracted) forms of the auxiliary.

Example: Maggie _____________ volleyball. (not/to play)

Answer: Maggie was not playing volleyball. or Maggie wasn't playing volleyball.


1) She a cheeseburger. (not/to eat)
2) They pictures. (not/to paint)
3) The teacher the window. (not/to open)
4) Johnny his bike. (not/to ride)
5) We on the computer. (not/to work)
6) Doris the news on TV. (not/to watch)
7) I the trumpet. (not/to practise)
8) The friends songs. (not/to sing)
9) Steve a cigarette. (not/to smoke)
10) Sam and Liz at a poster. (not/to look)


Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário